On Saturday 17th October we will have a working morning in the churchyard – including some of the Eco Church projects that will help us improve the biodiversity of that space. Put the date in your diary to come along and help.
If you can you help with any of the following, please contact me email@example.com or at the Vicarage number 696136.
Here is a list of some of the jobs, volunteering ahead of time would be really helpful for our planning:
- Refill bug hotel with variety of materials.
- Fit felt roof.
- Add to existing wood pile next to bug hotel.
- Create second wood pile.
- Mark wildflower zone with hazel wand “fence”.
- Closely mow and scarify new
- wildflower zone
- Plant yellow rattle seed across new wildflower zone.
- Clear compost area, old bins etc.
- Build new compost pen(s) from pallets
- Hazel wands (about 5ft, 1.5 metres length) would be great. If you cut them ahead of time, leave an end in a bucket of water so that they remain supple.
- Wildflower seeds.
- Pine cones / stalks / seed heads for refilling the bug hotel.
- Lengths of wood (ideally 2”/50mm square and 4”/100mm planking) for cross bracing the compost pens