At St Mary’s we take safeguarding seriously and endeavour to make the church a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our Parish Safeguarding policy can be seen on the church noticeboards and is available here: St Marys Wendover Safeguarding policy.
Key members of the church have been through the Oxford Diocese Safeguarding training and which has been tailored for specific groups including the PCC, youth group, bellringers etc. All those working with or in regular contact with children, young people or vulnerable adults have been checked through the DBS system.
Our Safeguarding Officer is Helen Blakeman. Please contact Helen if you have any questions about our Safeguarding provision or if you have any concerns. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand that reporting abuse may be very difficult and distressing and it may add to your hurt by our not being able to immediately assist you. Therefore here are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).